“Phi Gamma Delta exists to promote lifelong friendships, to reaffirm high ethical standards and values, and to foster personal development in the pursuit of excellence. Phi Gamma Delta is committed to provide opportunities to each brother to develop responsibility, leadership, scholarship and social skills in order to become a fully contributing member of society.”
In Phi Gamma Delta
- We are united by Friendship. It is the basis of our brotherhood. Because of it, we accomplish far more than we do as individuals. Friendship is the sweetest influence.
- We promote the pursuit of Knowledge. It is the key to a fuller, richer life. We gain it through education, the harmonious development of the powers of the individual.
- We encourage Service. We have the ability, the opportunity, and the duty to serve our fellow human beings. Our reward is the satisfaction that comes from serving.
- We believe in Morality. As gentlemen of quality we must do what is right as individuals and as a group. Moral behavior is the basis of our society’s existence.
- We strive for Excellence. It is attained only when we fulfill our total potential. Mankind benefits when each of us becomes all that we can be.
- Calvin Coolidge – President of the United States, 1923-29
- Johnny Carson – Former host of The Tonight Show
- Seth Meyers – Cast and Writer on Saturday Night Live
- E.B White – Writer of Charlotte’s Web and Stuart Little
- Jack Nicklaus – Professional Golf Champion
- Kenneth Blanchard – Author of “The One Minute Manager” & other leadership/motivational books
- John Ritter – Actor, Three’s Company
- Norman Vincent Peale – World-Renowned Theologian
- Phillip Knight – Founder, Owner, & President of Nike Corporation
- Roger Penske – Auto Racing Champion & Team Owner, Marlboro Racing Team
- Dean Smith – Former Head Basketball Coach, North Carolina Tarheels
- William J. Crowe, Jr. – Former Chairman, United States Joint Chief of Staff
- Matthew Fox – Actor, LOST
- Morgan Spurlock – Actor, Director, & Author, Super Size Me
- More at phigam.org